Home › Beachville Road - Redcliffs - Seawall and road repairs *Update*
Beachville Road - Redcliffs - Seawall and road repairs *Update*
- Seawall and road repairs.
- Beachville Road, Redcliffs.
- Starting Friday 27 May, 2016 for about seven weeks.
- Beachville Road will be closed at the northern end.
Friday 27 May
What we are doing
- On Friday 27 May, Connetics will be removing overhead lines and a light pole at the corner of Main Road and Beachville Road.
- Beachville Road will be closed from Main Road to Celia Street for one day and will be reopened for the weekend.
- This section of road will remain open from Saturday 28 May until Tuesday 7 June.
Tuesday 7 June
What we are doing
- Work will be continuing on the eastern seawall and section of the coastal pathway.
- On Tuesday 7 June we will be starting work on the northern seawall and continue rebuilding the causeway. This will join up with the work that SCIRT partner Fulton Hogan completed in September 2015.
- Work continues with rebuilding the existing rock edge of the footpath.
Repairing the existing rock edge between the new channel and footpath:
- The final piece of work along this section of Beachville Road will be to complete the road repairs.
- Beachville Road will be closed between Main Road and Celia Street for about six weeks, subject to favourable weather and on-site conditions.
A diver in the water guiding the placement of the rock mattresses on the eastern seawall:
What we have done so far
- The eastern seawall core construction is 95% complete. A very large storm water outfall is still to be installed.
- We have installed 72% of the seawall rock armour, a total of 4067m³ of rock.
- 50% of the precast wall units have been placed.
- The first section of the coastal pathway is being constructed on the north side of Beachville Road.
- The final rock mattress will be installed by the end of May.
The eastern seawall is completed at the northern end with construction continuing in the distance:
- Please contact Downer on 0800 400 310 if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider e.g. large vehicle deliveries, rubbish collection, or planned works on your property.
- There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels associated with this work.
- Works will have no planned impact on current power, telecommunication, water or gas services. However, the network is still fragile so please be prepared in case there is an unexpected service cut off.
- Our normal work hours are between 7am and 6pm Monday to Friday and every second Saturday. Sometimes we need to work longer hours to finish essential work.
- Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert—keep children and pets at a safe distance from the worksite.
Need more information?
- Call Downer on:
- 0800 400 310 between 8.30am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday
- Email Downer:
- [email protected]
- Visit the SCIRT website: