Avondale catchment update – Avondale – Wastewater
We are continuing to replace the wastewater pipeline in Avondale with the next stage of works in these streets due to be completed by the end of March.
This notice updates progress on the work described in the works notice "Eglinton Street, Belmont Street, and others – Avondale – Wastewater mains", issued in February 2012.
Red areas on map show where roads are closed. Pedestrian and residents only access will be provided.
Works in Belmont Street is expected to be complete by the end of February. Once works are complete the road will be re-opened.
Avondale Road (between Niven Street and Breezes Road), Eglinton Street and Pembroke Street will have a no through route connecting to the surrounding streets.
Breezes Road at the top of Pembroke Street will be operating as one lane with priority give way signage in place.
Map data © OpenStreetMap contributors, CC-BY-SA
- Waratah Street is open and part of the detour route.
- The work may result in noise, vibration and dust if there are dry weather conditions.
- All works are subject to favourable weather and on-site conditions.
- The work will not impact on current water, power, sewer or gas services.
- Please contact us if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider such as Nurse Maude, Meals on Wheels or other planned works on your property.
- During this period of construction, we ask that you observe special cordons around construction areas for you and your family's safety.
- For any further information about this work, please contact the MacDow Fletcher Infrastructure Rebuild Team between the hours of 8.30am and 5pm Monday to Friday on free phone 0508 718 719. Any emergency calls made outside these hours and on public holidays will be diverted to a Site Engineer.
- We will endeavour to keep any disruption to a minimum.
- We apologise for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience while we do this work.