Home › Exeter Street - Lyttelton - retaining wall repair - Completion
Exeter Street - Lyttelton - retaining wall repair - Completion
- Retaining wall reconstruction
- Exeter Street, Lyttelton
This notice is an update for an earlier notice.
- City Care on behalf of SCIRT have nearly finished our work repairing the retaining wall on Exeter Street.
- We expect that by Queen's Birthday weekend, the wall will be complete and Exeter Street will be reopened.
- Thank you for your patience and understanding during construction.
- If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- We will have to return in approximately one month to apply a coating to the wall. This is unable to be completed until the concrete used to reconstruct the wall has completely cured.
- The road will be closed again for a short period so we can complete this. We will update you with a further notice closer to the date.
- As mentioned in earlier notices, SCIRT has designed all of its repairs to red rock walls so they can be re-faced with red rock in future. In the meantime, all red rock taken from historic walls is being carefully stored at Windy Point and Naval Point.
Preparation of the rear face prior to the installation of formwork and concrete pour:
Finishing touches being placed on the back face of the shotcrete wall: