Reserve Terrace - Lyttelton - Retaining Wall repair
- Rebuilding the earthquake damaged retaining walls—Stage 1 repairs.
- Starting from the northern boundary of 29B Reserve Terrace.
- Starting from Tuesday 7 June 2016.
- Work will continue south for about 7 months.
- Road closure between number 31 and number 13 Reserve Terrace.
What we are doing
- Downer, as part of SCIRT, is repairing earthquake damaged publicly owned retaining walls on Reserve Terrace in Lyttelton from number 13 to 31 Reserve Terrace and part of the retaining wall steps at 14 Reserve Terrace.
- You may have received an overview notice on 10 May 2016. If you did not, or would like another copy, please copy the Downer Team.
- Work on the retaining wall will be done in stages. We will repair 12–16 metre sections of the retaining wall at a time, working from the location indicated in Map 1 progressing south.
Stage 1 repairs
- Stage 1 of the repairs will begin on Tuesday 7 June 2016. The first stage will take about 1 month, subject to favourable on-site and weather conditions.
- Stage 1 repairs will begin at the property border between numbers 31 and 29B Reserve Terrace and extend along the roadside boundary of 29B.
- Structural assessments of properties will be conducted before we start any excavation work and begin to remove the existing retaining wall. These will be conducted by Maynard Marks Property and Building Consultants. You will be notified prior to these property assessments commencing.
- The road closure will begin at number 31 Reserve Terrace. This section of the road will remain closed to through traffic between number 31 and 13 for the remainder of the repairs.
- Vehicle access to properties will be maintained to residents within the closure, outside work hours. This is as long as vehicles can be parked off the street in private garages or in vehicle decks.
- We will do our best to maintain vehicle access during work hours.
- If you do not have off-street parking, we aim to provide relief parking near our site compound on Reserve Terrace. See Map 2 for location of relief parking.
- No-parking cones will be in place. Please do not park next to these cones or work may be delayed.
We understand the impacts of this work will be significant. Please contact the Downer team if you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to working with you while completing these essential repairs.
Need more information?
- Call Downer on:
- 0800 400 310 between 8.30am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday
- Email Downer:
- [email protected]
- Visit the SCIRT website:
- Your rubbish and recycling will not change. Please put your bins in the normal spot by 5pm the night before collection and our crew will move them and return them if needed. Please make sure your house number is visible on the bins so our crews return the bins to the correct property.
- Please contact Downer on 0800 400 310 if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider.
- Our standard work hours are Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.00am and 6.00pm. On rare occasions we may need to work outside these hours.
- There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels associated with this work.
- Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert—keep children and pets at a safe distance from the work site.
If you have any construction work programmed for your property in 2016, please contact the Downer team—Phone: 0800 400 310 or email: [email protected]