Mervyn Drive and Waddell Lane – Avondale – Wastewater
We are replacing the gravity wastewater pipeline and laterals up to the property boundaries on Mervyn Drive and Waddell Lane from Monday 5 March 2012 for approximately 6 weeks.
An update to this works notice was issued in March 2012.
The red dashed lines show the area of construction along Mervyn Drive (between Avondale Road and De Courcy Place) and Waddell Lane. The arrows indicate the direction of works.
Aerial photography © Terralink International Limited
- Mervyn Drive (between Avondale Road and De Courcy Place, including Waddell Lane) will be closed to through traffic; however resident only access will still be provided.
- Vehicle access for residents from 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 Waddell Lane will be limited for a duration of three days during the work period. We will confirm the dates by leaving a form in your letterbox prior to the work starting, to insure the residents have a chance to move their vehicles out of the lane.
- We may need to enter private properties in the affected work area to install and connect residents' laterals from their property boundary to the new gravity wastewater pipeline. An access and restoration agreement has been distributed for affected residents that property owners must complete and sign. Without these consents, we will be unable to connect your wastewater line to the Council owned wastewater line. The forms must be returned back to us by Friday 2 March 2012. You can call us on free phone 0508 718 719 when this form is complete and we will arrange for it to be collected from you.
- Access to driveways may be affected but residents will be notified in advance.
- Please contact us if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider e.g. Nurse Maude, Meals on Wheels or other planned works on your property.
- Work will commence in sections from the De Courcy Place end and will finish at Avondale Road intersection.
- Sections of the footpath on both side of Mervyn Drive will be closed at times.
- While you have restricted vehicle access during the road clossure, we would like to assist you with the collection of your City Council rubbish and recycling bins. If you could please put the bins out before 5:00pm every Tuesday. We will take it to the collection point outside the road closure and then return it to your property the next day.
- This work will take place during the hours of 7:00 am and 6:30 pm, Monday to Saturday and is expected to be completed by Monday 16 April 2012.
- The work will not impact current power, sewer, water or gas services.
- The work may result in noise, vibration and dust if there are dry weather conditions. All works are subject to favourable weather and on-site conditions.
- During the period of construction, we ask that you observe special cordons around construction areas for you and your family's safety.
- For any further information about this work, please contact the MacDow Fletcher Infrastructure Rebuild Team between the hours of 8:30am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday on free phone 0508 718 719. Any emergency calls made outside these hours will be diverted to a Site Engineer.
We will endeavor to keep any disruption to a minimum. We apologise for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience while we do this work.