Dublin Street - Lyttelton - retaining wall repairs
- Repairing sections of the earthquake damaged retaining wall
- Coleridge Terrace and Dublin Street, Lyttelton
- From Wednesday 22 June, for about 16 weeks
Where we are working
The McConnell Dowell team have used external resources to produce the image that gives you an idea of how the retaining wall will look once completed:
What we are doing
On Wednesday 22 June 2016 McConnell Dowell will begin repairing the earthquake damaged retaining wall on Coleridge Terrace and Dublin Street in Lyttelton.
Due to the width of Coleridge Terrace and Dublin Street and the techniques involved in these retaining wall repairs, there will be times where we have to impact the regular traffic patterns of residents in this area. Road closures will be necessary at times and we will work with the affected residents to minimise impacts where we can. There will be other traffic impacts throughout this work and parking restrictions in place around the work area.
We understand that this work will cause inconvenience to residents and visitors of Coleridge Terrace and Dublin Street and we apologise for this. If you have any specific access issues, please notify us as soon as possible.
While these road closures are in place some residents will lose access to their driveways. Residents will be required to park further down the street and outside of the road closure so that you are not blocked in by our works. You may notice more vehicles parked in the street while this work is being completed.
We will do our best to keep traffic impacts down to a minimum. This means reducing our work site where possible and keeping you informed of our traffic plans. Please be aware of changes to the regular traffic patterns, obey all traffic signs and drive to the conditions.
McConnell Dowell as part of SCIRT would like to take this opportunity to thank the residents of Coleridge Terrace and Dublin Street for your understanding and patience while we work in your street.
If your property is within the traffic management area, please clearly label your bins with your street address and put the bins out by 5pm the night before your collection day. We will have a clear area for you to place your bins to be collected or one of our crew can move them to a suitable collection point.
- Please contact McConnell Dowell on 0508 718 719 if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider e.g. planned works on your property.
- Our standard work hours are Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.00am and 6.00pm. On occasion we may have to work on a Saturday to complete essential work.
- There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels associated with this work. Our team will do their best to keep these to a minimum.
- Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert around work sites, keep children and pets at a safe distance from the worksite at all times.
The SCIRT programme is scheduled to finish at the end of 2016. After SCIRT has finished, the Christchurch City Council and the New Zealand Transport Agency will continue to repair and rebuild the remaining earthquake damaged infrastructure in Christchurch.
Need more information?
Contact the McConnell Dowell Infrastructure Rebuild Team
- Call McConnell Dowell on:
- 0508 718 719 between 8.30am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
- Email McConnell Dowell:
- [email protected] with subject '10475'
- Visit the SCIRT website: