Beachville Road - Redcliffs - Seawall repair - coastal pathway - storm water repairs and road reconstruction *Update*
What we are doing
- Downer as part of SCIRT is progressing well on this project.
- The eastern seawall is complete. Over 5000m³ of rock has been placed for the seawall rock armour. The last reno mattress was installed mid-June, see Photo 2.
- Work has now moved to the northern seawall which joins the causeway and section of seawall that the Fulton Hogan delivery team have completed.
- The storm water work is almost complete with only 3m of pipe to lay and a small number of patch repairs to do.
- We are now working on the coastal pathway, the road carriageway, kerb, channel and landscaping alongside the eastern seawall and pathway.
- The kerb, channel and road is also being repaired along the west end of Beachville Road by Redcliffs Park.
- Chip sealing the road will be our last piece of work and will be done in spring.
Downer and Connell Construction on behalf of SCIRT would like to thank the residents and property owners on Beachville Road and the surrounding streets for your patience while we work in your neighbourhood.
Photo 1 looking south along the new seawall:
Photo 2 installing the last reno mattress:
Photo 3 sheet pile installed creating a dry work area:
What will this look like when completed
- On the eastern seawall a set of steps will be installed at the southern end by the beach. This will not happen immediately as consents are required.
- Beachville Road carriageway along the eastern side will have some narrowed sections. This is to encourage reduced vehicle speed. On-street parking will be reduced around these narrowed sections of road.
- Landscaping will include some areas of planting and grass spaces along the eastern coastal pathway and the reserve.
- See Map 1.
- A large poster of the construction drawings will be placed on the site office fences for you to view.
Need more information?
- Call Downer on:
- 0800 400 310 between 8.30am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday
- Email Downer:
- [email protected]
- Visit the SCIRT website: