Estuary Road – South New Brighton – Wastewater *Project Update*
We are replacing the gravity sewer main in Estuary Road between Bridge Street and Beatty Street. Work is now expected to finish mid May 2012.
This updates works notice "Estuary Road - South New Brighton - Wastewater" issued in January 2012.
As you are aware we have been working on the gravity sewer line down Estuary Road, Union Street, Craddock Street and Bridge Street since July 2011. The gravity line is the sewer pipe that takes waste water from private laterals through to the pump station.
So far we have renewed approximately 300 metres of gravity sewer and laid approximately 1000 metres of pressure main.
The completion of these works will take longer than initially expected as one section (70 metres from 133-175 Estuary Road) of the pipeline was unfortunately laid at an incorrect depth. As this needs to be re-laid, we now expect to finish works mid May 2012, an additional four weeks than planned.
We expect to finish down Bridge Street, shown in red, in 4 weeks.
Work down Estuary Road, shown in blue, is expected to finish mid May.
Work at the roundabout junction will be finished in the week ending March 16.
© OpenStreetMap contributors, CC BY-SA
Estuary Road is closed for all southbound traffic from Bridge Street to Beatty Street and no on-street parking is available. Westbound traffic on Bridge Street between Pine Avenue and Estuary Road has to follow a detour via Pine Avenue and Estuary Road. We have almost finished connecting the new gravity sewer main with the existing sewer under the roundabout on Bridge Street. We expect to have the Bridge Street roundabout opened again by the end of next week. Traffic management will be in place on Bridge Street while works are completed over the next four weeks.
Stay safe and alert, keep children and pets at a safe distance from the work site. Please do not allow children to play in any water/drains around the site. If you wish to speak to someone on site please go to the person furthest away from any moving machinery.
- Work will continue to take place between 7.00am and 6.00pm, Monday to Saturday. All works are subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions.
- There will be increased noise and vibration levels associated with this work, and the use of trucks and diggers will be necessary.
- Works will have little impact on current water and sewer services.
- Access to properties for local residents will be maintained. Please contact us on 0800 277 34 34 if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider e.g. nurse/doctor visits, Meals on Wheels or planned works on your property.
- Care Maintenance are currently carrying out emergency sewer works down Beatty Street, if you would like further information about these works please contact the Christchurch City Council call centre on 03 941 8999.
- Design is underway for future works to repair the road and storm water system down Estuary Road.
- We will endeavor to keep any disruption to a minimum. We appreciate your patience while we do this work.
If you have any questions about this work please contact Fulton Hogan on 0800 277 34 34 (7.30am- 5.00pm Monday to Friday) and we will be happy to help you.