Home › Evans Pass Road - Sumner - Retaining Wall repair
Evans Pass Road - Sumner - Retaining Wall repair
- Rebuilding the earthquake damaged retaining wall.
- Evans Pass Road, Sumner
- Starting from Wednesday 3 August 2016 for about five months.
What we are doing
- Downer as part of SCIRT will be repairing an earthquake damaged retaining wall on Evans Pass Road, see Map 1 for the location of work.
- This work will take about five months to finish, subject to favourable on-site and weather conditions.
- We will set up the site on Wednesday 3 August.
- We will be repairing the retaining wall on the lower side of Evans Pass, see inset work site.
- We will be building an access track and platform to gain access to the worksite below the road.
- To repair the retaining wall we will install 105 rock anchors and cover the rock face with concrete.
- We will upgrade the storm water system, reinstate the road and install a barrier.
- Before work can start on the retaining wall we need to make the slope above the road safe.
- We will drill and pin 25 anchors into the rock. Helicopters will be used to bring the drilling equipment to and from site.
- Some of the rock face will be covered with mesh.
- This work will start Wednesday 3 August for about three weeks.
- Evans Pass Road around the worksite will be reduced to one lane.
- Traffic lights will be installed to maintain two-way traffic flow, see Map 1 inset.
- All traffic must be able to stop when the lights are red.
Please ride with caution down Evans Pass Road.
Please stop if the traffic lights are red.
- Our standard work hours are Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.00am and 6.00pm. On occasions we may have to work on on a Saturday to complete essential work.
- There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels associated with this work.
- All works are subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions.
- Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert—keep children and pets at a safe distance from the work site.
Need more information?
- Call Downer on:
- 0800 400 310 between 8.30am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday
- Email Downer:
- [email protected]
- Visit the SCIRT website: