Reserve Terrace - Lyttelton - Retaining Wall repairs *Update*
- Commencement of stage.
- # 27 and #23 Reserve Terrace.
- Starting the week of Monday 1 August 2016 for about one month.
What we are doing
- As you may know Downer, as a part of SCIRT, is repairing earthquake damaged, publicly owned retaining walls on Reserve Terrace in Lyttelton.
- Stage 1 repairs began in early June to the retaining wall between the property border of number 31 and number 29B Reserve Terrace. These works will continue for about 3 weeks as stage 2 repairs begin.
- Stage 2 of the repairs will begin the week of Monday 1 August 2016. This stage will take about one month to complete, subject to favourable on-site and weather conditions. Please refer to Map 1 for location of work.
- Stage 2 repairs will begin at the property border between numbers 29B and 27 Reserve Terrace and extend along the roadside boundary of 23 Reserve Terrace.
- The temporary platform along the worksite will be extended along the road. It will extend to number 23 Reserve Terrace.
- Structural assessments of properties will be conducted before we start any excavation work and begin to remove the existing retaining wall. These will be conducted by Maynard Marks Property and Building Consultants. You will be notified prior to these property assessments commencing.
- The road closure will remain at number 31 Reserve Terrace. This section of the road will remain closed to through traffic between number 31 and 13 for the remainder of the repairs.
- Vehicle access to properties will be maintained to residents within the closure, outside work hours.
- Residents with restricted parking during work hours will have relief parking available for use near our site compound on Reserve Terrace. Please refer to Map 2 for location of parking.
- No-parking cones will remain in place. Please do not park next to these cones or work may be delayed.
What our work looks like
Retaining wall installation:
- Your rubbish and recycling will not change. Please put your bins in the normal spot by 5pm the night before collection and our crew will move them and return them if needed. Please make sure your house number is visible on the bins so our crews return the bins to the correct property.
- Please contact Downer on 0800 400 310 if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider.
- Our standard work hours are Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.00am and 6.00pm. On rare occasions we may need to work outside these hours.
- There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels associated with this work.
- Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert—keep children and pets at a safe distance from the work site.
We understand the impacts of this work are significant. Please contact the Downer team if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your patience while we complete these essential repairs.
Need more information?
Contact Downer on 0800 400 310 or [email protected]