Shackleton Terrace - Lyttelton - retaining wall repairs
- Service relocation and retaining wall repairs
- Shackleton Terrace, Lyttelton
- From Monday 1 August 2016
Where we are working
What we are doing
SCIRT's Fulton Hogan delivery team will be repairing an earthquake damaged retaining wall on Shackleton Terrace. This is a big job and our specialised crew of engineers expect to finish this repair in December.
We will also have a laydown area where material will be stored and accessed during working hours (7.00am to 5:00pm). This is located in the Christchurch City Council reserve as marked on the map. This laydown area will be fenced off for your safety.
No vehicle access
- Unfortunately, due to the narrow section of the road and for the safety of residents, properties 1 and 2 Ross Terrace, 2, 3 and 4 Shackleton Terrace and 6A Selwyn Road will lose vehicle access to driveways during the repair. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Later on in the project, once the wall is constructed and conditions are favourable, we will be able to allow driveway access for vehicles overnight.
- Pedestrian access will be available past the work site at all times.
- While we are rebuilding the retaining wall there will be no vehicle access throughout worksite 24 hours a day. Please use Selwyn Parade as a detour to reach Ross Terrace.
- No vehicles will be able to turn on to Shackleton Terrace from Selwyn Road.
- There will be no access to Shackleton Terrace from Ross Terrace for the duration of the work.
- Please continue to leave your rubbish bins at your usual collection point at the Selwyn Road/Ross Terrace intersection.
- Please contact Fulton Hogan on 0800 277 3434 if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider e.g. nurse/doctor visits, Meals on Wheels, or planned works on your property.
- Our standard work hours are Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.00am to 6.00pm.
- There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels.
- Works will have no planned impact on current power, telecommunication or gas services. However, the network is still fragile so please be prepared in case there is an unexpected service cut off.
- All works are subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions.
- Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert—keep children and pets at a safe distance from the work site.
- Your rubbish and recycling will not change. Please put your bins in the normal spot by 5:00pm the night before collection and our crew will move and return them if needed.
Need more information?
- Call Fulton Hogan on:
- 0800 277 34 34 (8.30am–5.00pm Monday–Friday)
- Email Fulton Hogan:
- [email protected]
- Visit the SCIRT website: