Owles Terrace - New Brighton - stopbank repair work
- Repair the stopbanks along Owles Terrace, near Beresford Street
- Owles Terrace, between Seaview Road and 15 Owles Terrace
- Monday 29 August for around three months
From Monday 29 August, work will begin on repairing a section of the stopbanks along Owles Terrace. Work is expected to take around three months. In order for us to get a dry work area we will need to sheet pile in the river.
Due to the machinery required to carry out the work a road closure will be in place on Owles Terrace, between the Seaview Road roundabout and 15 Owles Terrace.
A detour will be in place via Seaview Road, Hardy Street and Collingwood Street.
Driveway access to properties within the road closure will be maintained, please talk to our friendly crew on-site who will let you know the best way to access your property.
If driveway access cannot be maintained, we will leave an access restriction notice in your letterbox the day before.
What to expect
There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels coming from the work site.
Due to the machinery required to carry out the work, a road closure is needed:
Road closure ahead:
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we carry out these essential repairs, we know it isn't easy.
- Please contact Fulton Hogan on 0800 277 3434 if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider e.g. nurse/doctor visits, Meals on Wheels, or planned works on your property.
- Our standard work hours are Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.00am to 6.00pm.
- There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels.
- Works will have no planned impact on current power, telecommunication or gas services. However, the network is still fragile so please be prepared in case there is an unexpected service cut off.
- All works are subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions.
- Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert—keep children and pets at a safe distance from the work site.
- Your rubbish and recycling will not change. Please put your bins in the normal spot by 5:00pm the night before collection and our crew will move and return them if needed.
Need more information?
- Call Fulton Hogan on:
- 0800 277 34 34 (8.30am–5.00pm Monday–Friday)
- Email Fulton Hogan:
- [email protected]
- Visit the SCIRT website: