Home › Fitzgerald Avenue Twin Bridges - Richmond / Linwood / Central city - Bridge and roading repairs
Fitzgerald Avenue Twin Bridges - Richmond / Linwood / Central city - Bridge and roading repairs
- Bridge and roading repairs.
- Starting Friday 19 August 2016 for about one month.
What we are doing
- As you may know Downer, as part of SCIRT, is doing wastewater, bridge and roading repairs on the Fitzgerald Avenue Twin Bridges.
- We will be conducting repairs to the bridge handrails and portions of the kerb and channel. The road and footpath that runs alongside the Twin Bridges will be resurfaced. See Map 1 for location of works.
- This stage of work will begin on Friday 19 August, 2016 and take approximately one month to complete, subject to favourable weather and on-site conditions.
- Two-way traffic on Fitzgerald Avenue will be maintained across the Twin Bridges.
- The completion of some of these repairs will be done at night. You will receive prior notification before any change in traffic management occurs.
- Access to properties and businesses will be maintained at all times.
- Please be alert to changes in traffic management, follow signage and drive to the changed conditions.
- Cones and signs are essential to allow our workers to safely complete the work. Traffic management is a legal requirement.
We are 94% through the entire SCIRT programme.
What our work will look like
Resurfacing the road:
Kerb and channel repairs:
Go the extra mile for businesses affected by rebuild roadworks.
- Our standard work hours are Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.00am and 6.00pm. On occasion we may need to work outside these hours.
- There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels associated with this work.
- Works will have no planned impact on current power, telecommunication, water or gas services. However, the network is still fragile so please be prepared in case there is an unexpected service cut off.
- All works are subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions.
- Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert—keep children and pets at a safe distance from the worksite.
Need more information?
Contact Downer on 0800 400 310 or [email protected]