Home › Reserve Terrace - Lyttelton - Retaining Wall repairs *Update*
Reserve Terrace - Lyttelton - Retaining Wall repairs *Update*
- Commencement of stage 3 repairs.
- # 23 Reserve Terrace and # 43 Sumner Road.
- Starting the week of Monday 22 August, 2016 for about one month.
What we are doing
- As you may know Downer, as a part of SCIRT, is repairing earthquake damaged, publicly owned retaining walls on Reserve Terrace in Lyttelton.
- Stage 2 repairs began in early August and will continue for about three weeks.
- Stage 3 of the repairs will begin the week of Monday 22 August, 2016. This stage will take about one month to complete, subject to favourable on-site and weather conditions.
- Stage 3 repairs will begin at property # 23 Reserve Terrace and extend to # 43 Sumner Road. Refer to Map 1 for location of work.
- The temporary platform along the worksite will be extended along the road.
- Structural assessments of properties will be conducted before we start any excavation work and begin to remove the existing retaining wall. These will be conducted by Maynard Marks Property and Building Consultants. You will be notified prior to these property assessments commencing.
- The road closure will remain at number 31 Reserve Terrace. This section of the road between # 31 and # 13 will remain closed to through traffic for the remainder of the repairs.
- Residents with restricted parking will have relief parking available for use near our site compound on Reserve Terrace. Refer to Map 2 for location of parking.
- No-parking cones will remain in place. Please do not park next to these cones or work may be delayed.
We understand the impacts of this work are significant. Please contact the Downer team if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your patience while we complete these essential repairs.
We are 94% through the entire SCIRT programme.
- Please contact Downer on 0800 400 310 if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider e.g. large vehicle deliveries, rubbish collection, or planned works on your property.
- There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels associated with this work.
- Works will have no planned impact on current power, telecommunication, water or gas services. However, the network is still fragile so please be prepared in case there is an unexpected service cut off.
- All works are subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions.
- Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert—keep children and pets at a safe distance from the work site.
Need more information?
- Call Downer on:
- 0800 400 310 between 8.30am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday
- Email Downer:
- [email protected]
- Visit the SCIRT website: