Home › Bower Avenue - Parklands - Kerb and channel repairs
Bower Avenue - Parklands - Kerb and channel repairs
- Repairs to the kerb and channel.
- Bower Avenue, between Queenspark Drive and Sylvia Street.
- Friday 30 September 2016 and Monday 3 October 2016.
What we will be doing
- Downer as part of SCIRT is repairing the earthquake damaged roads and storm water system in Parklands South.
- On Friday 30 September and Monday 3 October we will be completing kerb and channel repairs on Bower Avenue, subject to favourable on-site and weather conditions.
- We will be working on Bower Avenue between Queenspark Drive and Sylvia Street. See Map 1 for location of work.
- Once these works are finished we will reconstruct the carriageway (the part of the road that you drive on). This will involve digging out the existing road surface, then relaying a new road surface. On Monday 26 September we delivered a work notice detailing this stage of works. If you did not receive one or would like another copy, contact Downer.
- Two-way traffic will be maintained along Bower Avenue between Queenspark Drive and Sylvia Street.
- Traffic lights and stop/go systems will be used to maintain traffic flow in both directions.
- Fletcher SCIRT's road closure between Sylvia Street and Beach Road will remain.
- On-street parking will be reduced around the worksite to allow space to maintain traffic flow and accommodate the worksite.
- Pedestrian access to properties will be maintained.
- Vehicle access to properties 441–409 on the west side of Bower Avenue will be blocked on Friday 30 September and Monday 3 October. See Map 1 for location of works. This will be temporary and we will put the steel plates in as soon as possible to restore your vehicle access (see photos).
- Vehicle access to properties will be maintained on Saturday October 1 and Sunday October 2.
- The kerb and channel repairs will involve digging out the old kerb and channel, then preparing for and pouring the new kerb and channel (see photos). A separate crew will pour the kerb and channel.
- Our friendly crew will be happy to help you carry items past the worksite to your property should your access be blocked. Just let them know if you need any assistance.
- Please check your mail box regularly for updates on our work in your neighbourhood.
- If vehicle access is critical to you or someone at your property, please contact the Downer team.
What our work will look like
Steel plates providing access:
New kerb and channel:
Re-levelling the carriageway:
Resurfacing the road:
- Our standard work hours are Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.00am and 6.00pm. On rare occasions we may need to work outside these hours.
- There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels associated with this work.
- Works will have no planned impact on current power, telecommunication, water or gas services. However, the network is still fragile so please be prepared in case there is an unexpected service cut off.
- All works are subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions.
- Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert—keep children and pets at a safe distance from the work site.
Need more information?
Contact Downer on 0800 400 310 or email@example.com