Hampshire Street - Aranui - partial road repair
- Between property number 3 and 33 Hampshire Street.
- Repair to sections of the earthquake damaged road, footpath, kerb and channel.
- Starting on Wednesday 5 October 2016 until mid-November 2016.
- Traffic Impact
- Stage one:
- A one-way traffic system heading east towards Marlow Road will be in place.
- Stage two:
- A temporary road closure will be in place for the road surface and footpath repair.
- Resident vehicle access will be maintained outside work hours.
This notice is an update for an earlier notice.
Map 1. Location of work.
Sourced from LINZ data, Crown Copyright reserved.
Supporting local businesses
We all know road works create challenges for businesses, as well as residents and road users, but they are necessary in order for SCIRT to be able repair our earthquake damaged infrastructure.
You can help with the rebuild by going the extra mile to support local businesses. It may mean taking a longer detour; or walking to visit a store.
Where we are working
- As you may be aware Fletcher (as part of SCIRT) will be repairing sections of the earthquake damaged infrastructure in the northern Aranui area.
- Stage one, kerb and channel repair work will be start on Wednesday 5 October 2016 and will be underway for about three to four weeks.
- Once this work is complete, we will start the road surface and footpath repair during stage two. This work will take about three weeks to complete.
- During stage one of work:
- A one-way traffic system heading east towards Lyndhurst Crescent will be in place.
- During stage two of work:
- A temporary road closure will be in place.
Where it is possible we aim to maintain vehicle access to residents' properties. However, due to the nature of the work, vehicle access for residents within the immediate work area may be completely restricted for about one week.
Go the extra mile for businesses affected by rebuild roadworks.
Please continue supporting your local Hampshire Street businesses.
- Our usual hours of work are 7 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday, with weekend and night work when required.
- The work will have no planned impact on power, wastewater, phone, water or gas services.
- The work may result in increased dust, noise and vibrations due to the machinery used. We will try to keep any disruption to a minimum and we apologise for any inconvenience.
- All work is subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions.
- Your rubbish and recycling will not change. Please put your bins in the normal spot by 5pm the night before your collection and our crew will move and return them if needed.
- Please contact us on 0800 444 919 if you have any access needs e.g. nurse/doctor visits, Meals on Wheels or planned work on your property.
Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert—keep children and pets at a safe distance. Keep your vehicle safe by locking it and removing any valuable items.
How could the work impact you?
- At times, footpath access will be restricted. One side of the street will always be open for pedestrian use. Please follow our signs.
- When we are working outside your property, access to your driveway may be restricted at times for up to one week. You will be notified prior to this happening by either a door knock or by a note left in your letterbox. This will give you a chance to move your vehicle out of your drive. Emergency vehicle access will always be maintained.
- If you need your car when your driveway is blocked, you may need to park on the street, outside the work area or park your car at a friend or a neighbour.
- Some on-street parking will not be available immediately next to the work area, no parking cones will be in place to show this.
- Repairing roads can be noisy because of the heavy machinery needed. We apologise for the disruption and will work quickly to get this job done.
Thank you from the team
Fletcher (SCIRT) would like to thank the residents of Aranui for their continued patience and understanding while we complete our essential work in the eastern Christchurch area.
If you have any queries or concerns about our work, please contact Fletcher SCIRT by calling 0800 444 919 or by emailing [email protected]