Major Aitken Drive - Huntsbury - retaining wall repair
- Repairs to the earthquake damaged retaining wall on Major Aitken Drive
- As early as Monday 10 October 2016, for about three weeks
Where we are working
What we are doing
As early as Monday 10 October 2016, McConnell Dowell will begin to repair the earthquake damaged retaining wall on Major Aitken Drive outside property number 32.
Our work will take about three weeks to do.
This work will involve stabilisation of the existing Christchurch City Council owned section of the retaining wall and repairs to the earthquake damaged footpath.
To do this work we will have a shoulder closure in place. There will be on-street parking restrictions in place.
At times the footpath will be closed and detoured around our workspace. This will mean that the road will be reduced to one lane and two way traffic will be maintained via stop/go traffic lights.
Please follow on-site signage and drive to the conditions.
We understand that our repair work creates challenges for those who live and work in the areas where we are working. McConnell Dowell as part of SCIRT would like to take this opportunity to thank the residents in the Huntsbury area for your patience and consideration when we are working in your neighbourhood.
- All works are subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions.
- Our standard work hours are Monday to Saturday between the hours of 7am to 6pm.
- There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels associated with this work. We will do our best to minimise these.
Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert—keep children and pets at a safe distance from the work site.
Need more information?
Contact the McConnell Dowell Infrastructure Rebuild Team
- Call McConnell Dowell on:
- 0508 718 719 (8.30am–5pm, Monday–Friday).
- Emergency calls will be diverted outside of these hours.
- Email McConnell Dowell:
- [email protected]
- Visit the SCIRT website: