Florance Place - Parklands - Road resurfacing - kerb and channel repairs *Update*
- Making repairs to the road surface, and kerb & channel repairs.
- Florance Place, Parklands South.
- Road closed.
- Resident only access maintained.
- Starting the week of Monday 17 October, for about two weeks.
What we are doing
- Downer, as part of SCIRT, is repairing the earthquake damaged roads and storm water system in Parklands South.
- In the beginning of September you may have received a work notice detailing road resurfacing, kerb and channel repairs on Florance Place.
- These works have since been delayed, and from the week of Monday 17 October we will continue kerb & channel, and road resurfacing repairs along sections of Florance Place.
- This work will take about two weeks to complete, subject to favourable weather and on-site conditions.
- The kerb and channel repairs will involve digging out sections of the old kerb and channel, then preparing for and pouring the new kerb and channel. A separate crew will pour the kerb and channel.
- Once this work is complete, we will remove some of the existing road surface, which is a noisy and dusty process. You may experience vibrations on your property similar to a small earthquake. Once the surface has been removed we will prepare and lay the new road surface.
What our work will look like
Steel plates providing access:
New kerb and channel:
Resurfacing the road:
- There will be times when vehicle access to some properties is blocked. This will be temporary and we will put the steel plates in as soon as possible to restore your vehicle access. A member of our crew will knock on your door before your access is blocked so you can move vehicles if necessary.
- Florance Place will be closed for about two weeks.
- Resident only access will be maintained to properties.
- You may experience short delays when exiting and entering Florance Place as we continue repairs along Bower Avenue. We apologise for any inconvenience.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained to properties at all times.
- There will be no-parking cones around the work site. Please do not park next to these or work may be delayed.
The funding for the SCIRT programme does not allow for new roads and kerb & channel in all areas. SCIRT will fully rebuild some roads and kerb & channel, partially rebuild others and in many cases sections will only be patched or resurfaced. Only roads and kerb & channel that are severely damaged or are critical transport routes will be fully rebuilt.
For the location of road closures and major traffic impacts, refer to the Transport for Christchurch website.
For information on bus services, refer to the Metro website.
- Please contact Downer on 0800 400 310 if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider.
- Our standard work hours are Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.00am and 6.00pm. On rare occasions we may need to work outside these hours.
- There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels associated with this work.
- Works will have no planned impact on current power, telecommunication, water or gas services. However, the network is still fragile so please be prepared in case there is an unexpected service cut off.
- All works are subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions.
- Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert—keep children and pets at a safe distance from the worksite.
- Your rubbish and recycling will not change. Please put your bins in the normal spot by 5pm the night before collection and our crew will move them and return them if needed. Please make sure your house number is visible on the bins so our crews can return the bins to the correct property.
Need more information?
Contact Downer on 0800 400 310 or [email protected]