Clinton Lane - Woolston - wastewater and fresh water repairs
- Road closure on Clinton Lane
- Installing a new pressure wastewater main, gravity main and fresh water pipe
- From Thursday 27 October 2016 for about six weeks
Where we are working
Sourced from LINZ data, Crown copyright reserved.
What we are doing
- City Care, as part of SCIRT, is installing a new pressure wastewater main, from St Johns Street, through Clinton Lane, across Palinurus Road and then connecting to a manhole in Alport Place. We are also installing a new fresh water pipe and wastewater gravity main in Clinton Lane.
- Work will start in Clinton Lane on Thursday 27th October 2016 and will take about six weeks.
- Because the pipes are in the middle of Clinton Lane, the road will be closed and there will be no vehicle access. Emergency access will be maintained.
- If you need your car, you will need to park outside of Clinton Lane, starting the evening of Wednesday 26th October.
- The footpaths will remain open and some detours may be necessary. Please see site signage for any changes.
- Please follow traffic signage and instructions from our on-site crew.
- If you have any questions about this work, please call us on 0800 632 889.
- We want to stay safe and we want you and your family to be safe too. Please stay alert, drive to the conditions, follow on-site signage.
- Our standard hours are Monday to Friday 7am to 6pm. Sometimes we will work over the weekend to finish work.
- The work may result in increased dust, noise and vibrations. We will try to keep any disruption to a minimum and we apologise for any inconvenience.
- All work is subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions.
- Your rubbish and recycling will not change. Please put your bins in the normal spot by 5pm the night before collection and our crew will move and return them if needed. Please label your bin with your house number.
- Please contact us on 0800 632 889 if you have any access needs e.g. nurse/doctor visits, Meals on Wheels or planned work on your property.
We are happy to help you with carrying any large items or groceries from your car to your property during working hours.
Please approach one of our staff on site to help or call us on 0800 632 889.
Remember to remove all valuables and lock your car while parked on the street.
- Residential parking will be affected. Street parking is available on Stacey Place or other surrounding streets.
- Our work can be noisy because of the heavy machinery needed. There will be dewatering pumps running 24 hours. These are used to lower the water table in the construction area. We apologise for the disruption and will work quickly to get this job done.
- Please take care when crossing roads near our worksites. Talk to our traffic team if you would like help crossing the road.
- Please contact City Care on 0800 632 889 if you have any specific access requirements e.g. Nurse Maude, Meals on Wheels or planned work on your property.