Barton Street - Woolston - Freshwater pipe installation
- Installation of two freshwater pipes.
- Starting Monday 7 November, 2016 for about two weeks.
- Barton Street will remain closed.
- Resident access maintained where possible.
Sourced from LINZ data, Crown Copyright reserved.
What we are doing
- You may have received a notice in October about two freshwater pipes on Barton Street that were going to be replaced by City Care while Downer completes manhole installations. If you did not receive this notice or would like another copy, please contact us.
- This work will start Monday 7 November and will take about two weeks to complete, subject to favourable on-site and weather conditions.
- The work will involve digging a trench to remove the damaged section of pipe and relaying the new mainline. Once the pipe is inspected the trench will be backfilled and sealed.
- Replacing freshwater pipes is faster to complete and less disruptive than replacing wastewater pipes. The work will start at #69 and progress towards the intersection with Bamford Street.
- Properties 69, 71, 73, 77, 79 and 81 will lose vehicle access for up to two days while City Care works in front of the property. One of the crew will knock on your door before your access is restricted so you can move your vehicle if necessary. Access will only be restricted during work hours.
Please note: This work will have no impact on your current freshwater supply.
- Barton Street will remain closed during these repairs.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained. Footpath diversions may be in place.
- Please note: There will be an increased level of noise, dust and vibrations while we complete this work. We will do our best to keep disruption to a minimum.
Downer on behalf of SCIRT (Stronger Christchurch Infrastructure Rebuild Team) would like to take this opportunity to thank the Woolston community, especially Barton Street residents for their patience, support and cooperation while we undertake these final repairs.
- Please contact Downer on 0800 400 310 if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider.
- Our standard work hours are Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.00am and 6.00pm. On rare occasions we may need to work outside these hours.
- There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels associated with this work.
- Works will have no planned impact on current power, telecommunication, water or gas services. However, the network is still fragile so please be prepared in case there is an unexpected service cut off.
- Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert—keep children and pets at a safe distance from the work site.
- Your rubbish and recycling will not change. Please put your bins in the normal spot by 5pm the night before collection and our crew will move and return them if needed. Please make sure your house number is visible on the bins so our crews can return the bins to the correct property.
Need more information?
- Call Downer on:
- 0800 400 310 between 8.30am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday
- Email Downer:
- [email protected]
- Visit the SCIRT website: